Mrs. Stein’s “10-12 grade Short List for College Admissions”
- RESEARCH colleges and scholarships during the Sophomore/Junior Year
Check out: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/ and
My College Quickstart for planning with PSAT scores
Also, helpful: WashBoard.org
- TAKE the SAT/ACT at the end of the Junior Year (or Sophomore year)
- TAKE a challenging course load during Senior Year
- VISIT colleges in the summer/fall prior/during Senior Year
- RETAKE* the SAT/ACT to improve score (fall of Senior Year)
- COMPLETE all college applications before Christmas break
- MAIL the FAFSA just after October 1 (senior year) FAFSA.ED.GOV (form is FREE) register now to obtain a PIN number WWW.PIN.ED.GOV
FAFSA seminars are available at YVCC as well as online tutorials.
- PRAY WITHOUT CEASING!
- DECIDE by May 1 (National College Decision Day) and communicate the selection to appropriate college offices
- REQUEST to have final transcript mailed from RCS to your college. Official transcripts will be available in June. Request transcript here.